International Women’s Day is almost here, and what better way to celebrate than to reflect on those who have pushed the commercial real estate (CRE) industry forward and helped the world adopt a more holistic approach in the workplace? At HqO, we are fortunate enough to have partnered with many leading women in workplace experience (WX) over the years.
Here are just 10 examples of our friends and colleagues who are paving the way for a more sustainable future and a more effective workplace:
- The State of Property Management with Rubenstein’s Kayte Singleton. In this podcast episode, Kayte joins HqO CEO Chase Garbarino to talk about all things property management. From major happenings and trends in New York City, to the broader shift towards sustainable developments, health and wellness, and hospitality in the workplace, Kayte’s discussion is a thoughtful example of human-centric approaches in CRE. Listen to the full episode here.
- Marketplace Minute: Commuting to Work. A few months ago, we sat down with Actionfigure’s (formerly TransitScreen) Vice President of Product Marketing Alicia Karr to ask about addressing the tenant and employee experience around the daily commute. Alicia’s take on modern amenities and technology pave the way for more thoughtful, stress-free workplace environments. Read the full Q&A here.
- Conversations with Joanna Morrow and Adriana Silva of LBA Realty. At full service real estate investment and management company LBA Reality, Joanna and Adriana work together to collaborate on creating a world-class tenant experience through engaging events and offerings that support physical workplaces and their digital counterparts. Read the full Q&A here.
- ESG and Your Building. In this thoughtful article written by HqO’s own Julia Paolucci, Managing Director in France, Julia discusses the important role of workplace platforms in commercial real estate. She explains how they can contribute to creating a more responsible, sustainable, and equal future. Read her article here.
- Connected Workplace: How properties are engaging the workforce in 2022. In this recent webinar, Melanie Colbert of LBA Realty and Joyce van de Velde of Croon Wolter Dros join HqO to discuss what property teams around the world are doing to support the modern workforce. Watch the full webinar here.
- Workplace Strategies Moving CRE Forward with Monika Solak of Nexudus. In this podcast episode, Monika accompanies HqO CEO Chase Garbarino to discuss flexibility needs for the modern workplace. Whether it involves adjusting physical environments to support tenant companies renting individual conference rooms, meeting rooms, or even entire spaces, tailoring the workplace experience to your customers’ needs is the key to success. Listen to the full episode here.
- Conversations with Alesia Sanganoo of Lincoln Property Company. At 25 Massachusetts Avenue, a renowned property that is owned by Nuveen Real Estate and managed by Lincoln Property Company in Washington, D.C., Alesia does everything from promoting special services and events to delight their tenants, to ensuring a strong building community across the board. Read the full Q&A here.
- Creating a Workplace People Want to Return To. In this podcast episode, Jenny Silver, Associate Director at MetaProp, sits down with HqO CEO Chase Garbarino to discuss the increasing role of HR in real estate decisions, as well as how to ensure safe return-to-office strategies in a post-pandemic world. Listen to the full episode here.
- The Deconstruction of Property Management. In this article written by HqO’s Nora Hughes, Lead Product Researcher, Nora explores the deep shifts in the commercial real estate industry that call for a stronger, people-first focus. She introduces the concept of dedicated experience teams, which are starting to become more and more popular as hospitality in real estate becomes the future. Read her article here.
- Creating Community Through Sustainability, Wellness, and Charity. In this podcast episode, Kate Shoss of Bulfinch discusses her emphasis on a community-focused culture across their large portfolio with HqO CEO Chase Garbarino. This, she explains, extends beyond the tenants and the properties themselves and into their surrounding neighborhoods. Listen to the full episode here.
We can’t wait to continue our partnerships with these innovative and inspiring women (and many more) who are striving to make the workplace and the world a better place. Want to continue celebrating International Women’s Day with HqO? Sign up for our Women in Tenant Experience event on March 15th here.