Data Privacy Framework Policy Updates
This DPF Policy applies to personal information within the scope of HqO's DPF certification, which covers the following categories of information:
- Personal information regarding current, former and prospective partners, principals and employees for the purposes of operating and managing HqO, performing human resource administration and maintaining contact with individuals.
- Personal information regarding current, former and prospective clients and their personnel, customers, or other data subjects for the purposes of delivering HqO services, maintaining ongoing relationships and performing business development activities.
- Personal information regarding our suppliers, service providers, and other third parties, and their personnel for the purposes of managing and administering HqO's business relationships with such third parties.
Accountability for Onward Transfers Consistent with the DPF Principles
- The disclosure is to a third party providing services to HqO, or to the individual, in connection with the operation of our business, and as consistent with the purpose for which the personal information was collected. We maintain written contracts with these third parties and require that these third parties provide at least the same level of privacy protection and security as required by the DPF Principles. To the extent provided by the DPF Principles, HqO remains responsible and liable under the DPF Principles if a third party that it engages to process personal information on its HqO | HqO's Data Privacy Framework Policy 2 behalf does so in a manner inconsistent with the DPF Principles, unless HqO proves that it is not responsible for the matter giving rise to the damage;
- With the individual's permission to make the disclosure;
- Where required to the extent necessary to meet a legal obligation to which HqO is subject, including a lawful request by public authorities and national security or law enforcement obligations and applicable law, rule, order, or regulation;
- Where reasonably necessary for compliance or regulatory purposes, or for the establishment of legal claims. Individual rights Individuals whose personal information is covered by this DPF Policy have the right to access the personal information that HqO maintains about them as specified in the DPF Principles. Individuals may contact us to correct, amend or delete such personal information if it is inaccurate or has been processed in violation of the DPF Principles (except when the burden or expense of providing access, correction, amendment, or deletion would be disproportionate to the risks to the individual's privacy, or where the rights of persons other than the individual would be violated). Individuals may also have the right to limit the use and disclosure of their personal information (opt out) under certain circumstances, such as marketing. Requests to access, correct, amend, delete, or limit the use and disclosure of personal information (opt out) may be submitted using our request form.
HqO takes appropriate measures to protect personal information in its possession to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. These measures take into account the nature of the personal information and the risks involved in its processing, as well as best practices in the industry for security and data protection.
Enforcement in compliance with the DPF Principles
HqO commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. Individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our DPF Policy should first contact HqO. HqO has a policy of responding to individuals within forty five (45) days of an inquiry or complaint. If an individual has an unresolved complaint or concern that is not addressed satisfactorily, that individual may contact our U.S. based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge). Please contact or visit ICDR/AAA for more information or to file a complaint. If the dispute involves human resources personal information or information collected in the context of an employment relationship, we will cooperate with the competent EU, UK, or Swiss data protection authorities and comply with the advice of such authorities. You may have the option to select binding arbitration under the EU-U.S. Data Privacy Framework Panel for the resolution of your complaint under certain circumstances. HqO is also subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. Modifications HqO may update this DPF Policy at any time by publishing an updated version here, however we will not update this DPF Policy in contravention of the DPF Principles.
HqO Contact Information:
If you are a resident of the United Kingdom or European Economic Area, please note that we have appointed an EU data protection representative. If you have any questions, please contact HqO's Compliance Team at [email protected].
HqO, Inc., is the controller of your information collection through your use of our Site pursuant to the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, as applicable.
If you are a business customer of HqO, HqO, Inc., is the controller of your information collected from and about you as part of our business customer services ("HqO Business Customer Services").