It’s safe to say that technological innovation has been constantly evolving for the past several years. However, no one would have been able to predict the whirlwind of digital adoption before the COVID-19 pandemic disrupted industries across the globe. In CRE alone, we’re now witnessing decades of progress being achieved within a single year. Current-day health and safety concerns are accelerating what was once a trend, and have solidified technology — such as the property management app and property management software — as a legitimate building standard.
The simple truth is that there’s no turning back — CRE has changed forever. In order to triumph among growing hybrid work models and successfully meet tenants where they are, landlords will need to first understand the true return on investment (ROI) of the physical office, and then create smart spaces where people actually want to work. All this, and much more, can be achieved through tech-enabled office strategies and data collection. Thus, the market has seen the fairly recent introduction of advanced property management software and technologies.
Through the HqOS™ operating system, we offer more than just a property management app — we provide full end-to-end solutions that support everyone involved in your portfolio. From asset managers, to property managers, to even your tenants, our office technologies can alleviate even the most strenuous pain points and enhance your building experiences, from driveway to desk.
How HqO Helps Asset Managers
As an asset manager in the commercial real estate market, your focus is on maximizing a property’s value for investment purposes. This means your focus is on market research, data analysis, and revenue forecasting. You work closely with property managers, who run the day-to-day operations of a given property, while you specialize in financial matters.
Scenario #1: The Importance of Benchmarking
- Without HqO: You receive an email from your boss early in the morning asking you to prepare a performance report across your portfolio. They specifically want to discuss tenant attraction and retention strategies. They’re looking for your recommendations on CapEx and OpEx investments to better compete with new inventory on the market. This is a big undertaking, as you have to manually sift through various emails and reports on each building’s returns and investments. It could take several days to complete.
- With HqO: You head straight to your desk and log on to the HqOS Digital Grid™. From the Spaces Overview, you get quick access to the key metrics across your entire portfolio. A quick review of benchmarks help you to determine that your company needs to activate more building features and diversify your amenities, which will both help you gather more data about your buildings and increase tenant satisfaction.
Scenario #2: Easy Reporting
- Without HqO: You want to know which amenities in certain buildings were worth the investment, and which other building features weren’t performing as intended. You reach out to a few of the property managers to gather data, but they in turn need to get more information from their tenant points of contacts. By the time they get back to you, they let you know that they were not able to gather enough information to paint an accurate picture of their buildings’ amenity usage
- With HqO: You want to know which amenities in certain buildings were worth the investment, and which other building features weren’t performing as intended. You quickly pull a series of building population reports across your portfolio, which provides you with Connection Scores that show how tenants engage with certain building features and amenities. You’re able to pinpoint exactly where you need to deploy more capital, as well as where you can save costs due to inactivity or lack of interest.
How HqO Helps Property Managers
A property manager is defined as an individual or company that is hired to oversee the day-to-day operations of a unit of real estate. As a property manager, you might be in charge of supervising and coordinating building maintenance and work orders, collecting and depositing rent, resolving tenant concerns, and more.
Scenario #1: Frictionless Experiences
- Without HqO: You wake up to an email from the CEO of your key tenant company. They were expecting an early visitor, but the CEO was unable to alert the building property security teams about the guest the day before. Now the guest is stuck in the lobby of your office with no way to enter, and the tenant company is frustrated due to the bad impression.
- With HqO: You wake up to an email from the CEO of your key tenant company. They were expecting an early visitor, but the CEO was unable to alert the building property security teams about the guest the day before. Just as you are preparing to rush into the office, you receive a second email from the CEO. He realized that he could grant his visitor access through his tenant app, and it was fast and easy. Your decision to invest in a visitor registration system paid off, and you’ve reduced friction for a key decision maker in your building.
Scenario #2: Creating Efficiencies
- Without HqO: After lunch, you work on manually approving invoices and updating your monthly reports. You have a big meeting coming up where you’ve been asked to paint a picture of what happened in your building from expense and tenant relations perspectives. You’re short on time, and you don’t feel like you have enough meaningful data to provide to your boss.
- With HqO: From the HqOS Digital Grid, you quickly pull a series of reports on your building population, amenities and experiences, and much more to provide a clear picture of your building’s performance. You’re able to easily identify areas of success and opportunity, and feel prepared to go through action items with your boss.
How HqO Helps Tenant and Employees
As a tenant, your role in a given building is to show up for work. However, you might be seeking ways to make your daily routine easier, such as: quicker building access, more opportunities to engage with workplace culture, easier building processes, and more.
Scenario #1: Shuttle Tracking and Order Ahead
- Without HqO: You wake up, get ready, and almost miss your shuttle into town. You’re still tired and need some caffeine, so once you arrive, you go to a nearby coffee place and wait in line before heading into the office.
- With HqO: You wake up and check your tenant app’s transit feature to time your commute. You’re able to easily track your shuttle’s arrival, and at the same time you use the app’s mobile/order ahead services to place an order for your favorite cup of coffee. Once you arrive into town, you quickly grab your breakfast and go.
Scenario #2: Seamless Booking Services
- Without HqO: You have an important client coming into town, and all the internal conference rooms are booked. At the last-minute, you have to ask multiple coworkers to switch up their meeting plans just to find any available room.
- With HqO: You have an important client coming into town, and all the internal conference rooms are booked. Through your tenant app, you excitedly discover that your building’s executive conference center is available, and you quickly reserve your time. You’re able to immediately impress the client with a great view of the city and show off your building.
In the new era of CRE, people aren’t just looking for a place to work. They’re looking for a flexible and personalized community that they can be a part of. Find out how you can turn a property management software and a growing tenant experience technology ecosystem into your competitive advantage by booking your demo today.